Sublime Surprise

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Things that Happened Today



  1. Woke up and discovered that I couldn't hear out of my left ear. Hiccuping hurts like hell for some strange reason
  2. Got to work planning on instituting a form for field instruction at the School of Social Work in its SharePoint site. Never got around to it.
  3. Discovered that a coworker's new Dell Studio One automatically ejects any disc inserted into it, much like a child with strained peas or a Baptist with alcohol. Toted the whole case, with all peripherals, which weighed close to 35 lbs on my shoulder all the way across campus to the Union. Once there, was told that unless my coworker had registered it online, they couldn't do in-house maintenance. Hauled back across campus.
  4. Let some grad students use my personal PC to edit their PowerPoint presentation, because they didn't know the computer lab downstairs had Office '07. Neither did I.
  5. Ate at taco Tuesday at Qdoba's. For the hell yes.
  6. Set up a computer downstairs for dedicated work-study use. Windows 7 elicited oohs and aahs. As it rightfully should.
  7. Came home and vegged instead of working on re-evaluating my sources and direction of my research project. God. That stack of sources doesn't look inviting at all, and the thought of rearranging them either by topic or time period doesn't exactly have me jumping out of my seat and dancing for joy.
  8. Wrote this, and wondered when this thing when from being some sad attempt at comedy to some run-of-the-mill "this is what I did today" blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home